Saturday, March 15, 2008

Like a Rolling Stone....

I've really been digging Bob Dylan and especially this song lately. This blog might come across as a bunch of disconnected ramblings and tangents that go nowhere, so I apologize in advance.

First of all, work bitching. (Anyone easily bored and/or annoyed by repeating, skip ahead) 1. My knee hurts like a mother whenever I move it. 2. Rain is the dumbest weather type to work outside in aside from really cold wind and rain. That sucks too. 3. Work keeps me from the people that I enjoy spending the time with most. (Thats probably the most real complaint I have.) 4. I am a sucker and it's going to suck having to tell people no when they ask me to give them buddy passes (especially family). I've decided not to go into detail about any of these, because they're pretty self explanatory. All in all, it would be better if I could work less hours, it was sunny out side all the time, I could fly anyone anywhere with no limitations, and I got paid more. Sadly, this is not true. Sigh......

(Alright, I'm done bitching about work, all you people who skipped ahead.) So my next section thing is kind of a follow up to my last post. So I'll set the back story.....(flashback music(DEEDLE DEEDLE DEEDLE DEEDLE))

At work, my supervisors are really cool. I've probably told those of you who like me enough to read my blog (very few) about them, about the funny stuff they do and how they're cool and stuff. Anyway, they apparently feel the need to get me hooked up. Unfortunately, this means that every friend, crazy sister in law, and stripper (no joke) they know gets suggested to me. I have turned down every one of their crazy ass suggestions though. Recently at work though, my supervisor pointed out someone that works at another airline and was like "she's cute, you should ask her out." And, being the awesome friend that he is, he conspired to get her name, age, and list of good qualities from her coworker. Now he's on this non stop. (As is her coworker.) For example, my supervisor and I were walking by the counter she was working at and her coworker goes, "Hey James, ***** (names have been blanked out for some reason) here is going to sleep in the back all alone. Maybe you should go back there and warm her up later...." Wow. Really, really awkward. Like I can't describe the awkwardness. I just kinda laughed and walked away to get my Gardettos. Now whenever I'm going out front to throw bags on the belt (don't ask) my supervisor will point over there or her coworker will wave her arm at me and I'll just laugh (awkwardly) and wave back.

Here is where my last post comes in (finally). Today, I caught myself actually considering if I should go talk to this chick that I've never spoken more than probably 10 words to. I was like thinking "Well she is cute...and we both work at an airport! The connection is so there....." (just kidding) I don't know whether this is just me being desperately alone and emo most of the time or if I'm actually going into this with a level head. Any opinions? Suggestions? Angry rants? I don't know. Thought I'd get a fun and awkward story of my life out there so you could laugh at/pity/give money to me.

I was going to write more about me being excited about getting lots of new music soon and all that jazz, but I've decided that this blog has dragged on long enough and I'm tired.

Night guys,
James.

9 comments:

ginnybobinny said...

well if you talked to the girl it'd be pretty funny the way you guys were set up, and if she is a girl with any sense of humor she should also find the situation a bit on the humorous side. or else your meeting/ formal introduction with her could be super awkward and we will all laugh with you about it further down the road.

i'm all for connections with people! you and this "chick" have a connection, the airport. woot.

do it.

also, i'm not giving you money. i don't pay people to tell me funny stories, they get paid for other stuff...

teehee

Gregorous_Maximus said...

Wow, Ginny. You're a freak.

James, there is no reason not to get to know this "chick." Here are a few possible directions that talking to her might go (in order of best to worst):

-You immediately know that she is your soul mate and you two work your way to the top of the food chain at the airport and change the name to D'anna Air.

-You find out that she is a really cool person, but not cool enough to be your soul mate and you end up being really good friends.

-You find out that she is an annoying crazy B**** and steer clear for the duration of your employment at the airport.

So, in conclusion, you should ask her if she likes ultimate and judge her based on her answer.

ginnybobinny said...

thanks greg. and YOU are a molded stain of diarrhea!!!! ahahaha!!!!

or instead of asking her about ultimate you could ask her about sex. not THAT'S an attention grabber. ha.

just kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gregorous_Maximus said...

Way to refute my statement, then support it.

Page said...

haha ginny. crazy fool. i agree with greg. no harm. though i'd throw in a few winks if i were you.

ginnybobinny said...

good games might be more effective than winks.

posh greg, i did not support and then refute. come now. and page, greg is not right. come now!!!!

Gregorous_Maximus said...

Ginny, you will find that I am right all the time.

Page said...

sorry gin. i just don't think it would be smart move for james to pick up girls by asking them about sex. . .

ginnybobinny said...

woah pagey did i tell him to do that??? noooo....

greg..... no. you're not!